I am Cédric Barreau
A senior multimedia graphic designer with a passion for branding.
I always considered myself as a Jack of all trades, enjoying to design for different media: web, print, video, etc… But no matter the medium I have two pillars that have been constant in my career.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Throughout my career, I am always trying to create work that is simple, meaningful and impactful. I aim to keep my design simple, elegant and straight to the point.
“You have to start with the customer experience and work your way back to technology.”
— Steve Jobs
I have always loved digital for its versatility and for its rich new interaction language. I began as a web designer, and with time I tried my hands at video editing and UI design. There is always something new to learn in that area, and that is exciting!
With more than 6 years working as a designer, I have rich and varied experiences. From working as a freelancer in France to working for a big group in the UK, here is a list of positions and key roles that added to my experience:
British Study Centres
August 2021 – Now
I design all the customer facing communications like:
- Course brochures
- Merchandising for schools, posters, flyers
- Editing webinars for YouTube
Graphic and web designer
(Sutton Coldfield, UK)
January 2021 – July 2021
My main responsibilities were:
- Responsible for all the marketing of the company: social media visuals targeted towards candidates, brochures and ads to attract more clients
- Design new websites targeted towards different industry sector
- Responsible for all of the company’s websites maintenance, including hosting
July 2018 – July 2020
My role consisted of:
- Designing engaging and dynamic visuals for nationwide marketing campaigns, including graphics
for social media channels, POS, direct post campaigns and more
- Upholding visual brand consistency between the various communications
- Creating communications for other brands in the group and adopting their guidelines
- Creating artwork for digital advertising and physical material such as pull up banners, stand collateral and more for Jewson Live, the largest builder’s merchant exhibition in the UK
January 2017 – July 2017
For the video production company Tortuga films my main tasks were:
- Working on visuals for all the video projects at all the
stages of development: from the early pitch to the final poster
- Designing corporate communication tools for the company, mainly their website and catalogue
Freelance graphic designer
October 2014 – December 2016
- Handling projects from briefs to finish
- Handling client relationships and feedback
- Designing logos and visual branding
- Creation of corporate websites
October 2013 – September 2014
Global update of the online selling platform:
- New front office interface
- New logo and graphic designs
As a digital and multimedia designer, I am very familiar with the Adobe suite. Moreover, I am also familiar with HTML, CSS and CMS like WordPress that I use frequently.
In the last year of study for my Bachelor I spent half a year working as a Web Designer for the company Classic Line and the other half studying for my degree.
EFFICOM / Paris, France
Bachelor’s degree in web design
Associate’s degree in visual media
If you have any questions about my CV or would like to reach out to me, feel free to contact me on the form below.
If I sparked your interest feel free to contact me and I will be happy to reply to you as soon as I can.
If you are enquiring about freelance work, I am sorry to tell you that I am not available for any freelance work at the moment.
If you would like to schedule a meeting, I am currently living in Worthing in the South of England.